5 keys to opening the company to customer culture.
E-marketing, in the new eldorado of corporate culture, takes the basics of customer scenarios, personas and other actors in the value chain, to move from traditional marketing campaign to content management …
5 keys to e-marketing should be integrated into your habits now, to move from traditional management to digital management and to establish your reputation as a modern company.
The basis of e-marketing, web marketing, inbound, or inbound marketing is to attract through content that attracts Internet users, to retain them so that they become affiliates, sellers in a way, of the channel or the brand.
In theory, it would be possible to practice inbound marketing in the physical world, by making a store sufficiently attractive for the consumer to come and visit it on their own, without intention to purchase, but in practice this term is only used in the world of e-marketing.
E-Marketing and Strategic Management
Strategic management takes care of the implementation of a strategic diagnosis integrating its understanding of the context.
E-marketing is a tool allowing him to understand the influences of stakeholders, and in particular his customers. By playing with the 5 keys to e-marketing,
- The Persona will help the manager to interpret his impact on the external environment, with regard to his resources and skills in the face of the expectations and influences of stakeholders (shareholders, employees, customers, suppliers, etc.).
- .The Persona will influence its strategic choices (content): they include the selection of future strategies, at the level of the company (specialization or diversification) as well as the modes of development (internal or external growth).
- The Persona as a process will influence the implementation strategy depending on the target chosen, the emphasis is on the role of the organization. This will position itself as strategic levers in terms of people, information, finance and technology as well as in its approach to change.
- These are 5 keys to open the door to an attractive customer culture
Which are the 5 keys?
Key #1- The personas, Attract
To transform a stranger into a brand ambassador, the on-board technique is those of personas, buyer personas.
It is a semi-fictitious customer with which we associate qualitative and quantitative characteristics. This client, a robot portrait of the ideal client, is obtained through surveys, data collection, but also by inviting his client to live a real experience with the brand.
The “Persona” card thus established makes it possible to understand their real motivations, whether professional or personal, their objectives, their problems, their purchasing behavior …
Then, this semi-real persona will be staged in an e-marketing journey, called “the customer journey”.
Several portraits will be established. The success of this approach depends on the approach chosen and the orientation of the strategic management in the choice of its digital tools.
2 approaches divide today:
1 – The first consists of thinking about its processes and its production at the service of the customer. This is the approach of native digital companies.
2 – In the second, the company does not modify its processes and continues as before, integrating the “customer portrait” in addition to its usual operations.
In the first case, the following will be improvement goals for the business. In the second case, additional costs and a lot of stress for the teams in charge of customer relations or production. None speaking the same language.
– the course will focus on portraits that embody the types of clients you enjoy working with, that there is the least “friction” on, that you keep for a long time and that are “profitable”.
– the course aims to identify the points of vigilance put forward by our customers, as presented in the concentric circles below.
The imagined path, user path for a website for example, or a micro service, will be tested at this stage. The objective is to ensure that the course is responsive, and meets these 3 criteria
- Resolution : Did the company easily solve my problem? How easy is it to get in touch with the brand?
- Empathy: Does the company meet my expectations, does it have empathy for me? the answers, are the products personalized?
- Integrity :do you trust the brand? The third criterion is also an easily measurable indicator of popularity during express surveys on social networks.
On the Internet, the user plays a more active role. He can largely hide the ad and visit an alternative offer at any time. It is therefore no longer really possible to make a mark. Rather, we must seek to attract potential customers by offering them content and services that really meet their expectations and needs.
The objective here being, by putting the customer at the heart of our production of value, to continuously improve. This approach is the basis of customer culture, disrupting business processes by reversing the value chain. The company becomes customer-centric, and no longer product-centric as proposed in course 1.
Key #2, Specific content for Convert
The objective is based on the customer portrait and the specific needs identified beforehand to set up attractive, specific content.
In this phase, the content aims to trigger a first action: download a white paper in exchange for contact details. The stranger is transformed at this stage into a visitor.
Then, thanks to the contact details exchanged, the visitor will receive specific content adapted to his needs. The persona has become real. Specific content will do the rest. They will keep the visitor coming back. Coming back, this one will be a prospect.
Key #3- an adapted route for Selling
The objective of the course will therefore be to verify that our stranger is active. If he leaves his contact details, subscribe. The stranger has become a prospect. In the e-marketing sense, a lead.
The visitor returns. He became a prospect, looking for something specific on our platform. It’s up to us to turn this second lead into a sale.
Chatbots, and other popups have this goal. Make sure the prospect finds what they’re looking for. If the prospect buys. It’s a third lead. Turning the prospect into a customer.
Key #4- Loyal customers
At this stage, the e-marketing process resumes in order to know the opinion of our customers on: their experience of using the site, the quality of the service, of the product, etc.
By noting the experience, the customer achieves a 4th lead. If his experience is pleasant, he will put a good mark that will be visible on social networks, and his comment can reassure other prospects.
Key #5- Recommendations for Affiliate
The client becomes a promoter. His comments and ratings will enrich our reputation. If the customer shares a link, or downloads a gift voucher or other, he indirectly becomes a promoter of our brand, and can thus generate a sale by affiliation …
With these 5 keys, we effectively understand how the Persona influences the organization in its choices and the process of deploying change. The persona, a semi-real reflection of its customers, will place service at the center of the company.
It will thus influence the culture of the company.
Learn more Customer culture