As the year draws to a close, companies around the world are striving to accelerate their digital efforts and are deploying automation at an unprecedented rate. The digital transition aims to conceptualize the sciences and technologies of information and communication – computing, electronics, telecommunications, to integrate them into organizations. The digital transition is revolutionizing information management in terms of flow management and responsiveness.
This is why we have decided in this article to come back to the basics of a strategic & digital action plan. Strategic management is facing a real paradigm shift that is to open its vision of the world …
Manage a production unit
As a production unit the company offers products and services. Some resell, others transform raw materials into finished products, and others offer value-added advice and services.
For this, strategic management has the custom of organizing work according to the skills of each and respecting a hierarchy.
The enterprise is a legally independent organization that combines factors of production in order to obtain goods and services that are sold in a market with the aim of making a profit. It can take into account other objectives such as respecting ethics, the environment, Quality of life at work. These remain marginal objectives driven by the market it addresses, by the demand of its customers..
To prosper the company is based on external growth: technical progress, economic growth, monetary policy … and internal factors which are based on the organization of the company, the nature of the product, its productivity …
- Offer more autonomy while limiting the risks
- Offer a varied offer, a unique customer experience while limiting its range
- time pressure: everything immediately versus the quest for meaning
- Get out of your crisis of authority: it’s normal, I decide, I am the boss
Become a digital business
- Open up to new audiences and markets;
- Engage audiences in new digital ways;
- Establish new partnerships and networks to improve digital capabilities
- Collect and analyze data to better understand the company’s impact on the market
- Manage pain points using digital technology
- Reduce the risks
- Transform the business model to ensure long-term viability
… to change models
Discover the digital tools at your disposal to establish the bases of your strategic management
The tools of strategic management
The three classic strategic management directions are :
- The management of the organization as a structure
- Operational management to manage people
- Cross-functional management to coordinate projects
To address these three directions, the strategic management will establish a strategic plan comprising 4 key elements:
- What are my strengths? What are my weaknesses?
- How mature is the market I want to address? Who are my competitors?
- What are my opportunities? And what can I rely on to reach them?
- What are my three priority projects to address this market? Key resources, investments, measured risks
Discover the tools at your disposal to establish the bases of your strategic management